This is My "Real" Blog: PCBs


Angie's Blog!

Monday, April 20, 2009

PCBs

Not to be confused with PCP. . . or PYTs.

That subtitle will make sense if you were a teenager in the 80s, and listened to Michael Jackson -- at least on that last one.

I have to be honest, I hesitated to put a new post on here because it meant that the picture of Michael McDonald would no longer be at the front/top of my blog when I opened it up. And since I use my own blog to navigate to the blogs linked on the right -- it's been a win-win since Friday!

If you read the last post, and its comments, you saw Michael referred to as my "pretendcelebrityboyfriend" from my friend, Melany. And yes, I have to admit that I get a little weak in the knees when I think about the fact that in just over two months, I will be in the same room as Michael McDonald. I get a little weak in the knees when I think about him two states away.

I just get weak in the knees.

I've been in an arena with him before -- key word: arena. That was enjoyable -- but this time will be a smaller room...and I'll be on the 10th row. I can live with that distance, really. (Of course, I *had* tickets reserved for the 7th row -- but couldn't get ahold of Mark -- and by the time we agreed to go, and buy the tickets -- we ended up in the 10th row). But again, I can totally live with that.

But, Melany's comment -- coupled with a discussion on Facebook last night -- brought up the subject of what many refer to as "pretend celebrity boyfriends." PCBs.

Not to be confused with PCP (a drug) or PYT (Pretty Young Thing -- a single by the self-proclaimed King of Pop from the 80s).

There are a couple of (ahem) gentlemen that cause my knees to go weak. The aforementioned piano playing/soul-singing sultry Michael McDonald is one of them. And say what you will -- but when you hear his voice, it's unmistakable.

I listen to him when I scrapbook. . . when I iron. . .when I sew. . . and when possible, in my office. The only "weird" drawback I have? For some reason, I have this bizarre notion that he has bad breath. And, bad breath is one of those things that IMMEDIATELY turns me off when talking to someone. Seriously. Like, I nearly pass out or puke -- simulataneously (if the halitosis is really bad!) So, part of my psyche tells me that although I find his voice utterly dreamy. . .he probably has bad breath. And that, for whatever reason, keeps my emotions in check.

I know. . .I'm bizarre. But YOU are reading it. So it's not all me. . .

PCB #2 (oh yes, there's more than one!)

Back in 2001, Dick Wolf, the genius behind "Law & Order" created a spin-off called Law & Order:Criminal Intent. And when he created this spinoff, he created yet another reason for me to forsake friends and family for time with my television. You see, he cast this guy

Vincent D'Onofrio, as the quirky and awkwardly attractive Detective Robert Goren. Within MINUTES, I was hooked.

In 2004, after the 2nd election where George W. Bush won (and half the nation was ticked off) word came through reputable sources that Vinnie wasn't handling the news of John Kerry's defeat as graciously as I might want him to do. In fact, he took a leave of absence from the show -- which brought in Chris Noth (not too shabby a choice) to alternate episodes with my "friend" that I adore from a distance.

Now, before I go any further, I have to acknowledge that my father (who could pass for Michael McDonald's older brother) calls Vincent "Mr. Wussy" because of his post-election distress. If you ever wondered how my dad leaned politically, this should clarify things for you! In fact, I believe my beloved father quit watching Criminal Intent when this happened.

I. . .can be more forgiving. Especially during the episodes where he cared for his dying mother. Yeah, I can forgive.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit (as you might have suspected) that this guy

would be my NASCAR PCB. He's just a nice, respectable guy. Kinda easy on the eyes. And, he's a good family man. He hasn't won any races this year -- but the season has just begun. And when you consider that my daughter cheers for him (while wearing Dale Earnhardt, Sr. pajamas) there's more than one girl in this house that finds Mr. Burton kinda dashing in a good old boy kind of way!

Okay. . .there you have it. I've admitted that there are three guys that make my knees like jelly. . . my palms sweat. . .and my mouth go dry.

I guess that's it. Well. . . . .














I would be lying if I didn't say that THIS guy. . . .

*the one on the left. I am not a big fan of over-sized cartoon characters (neither is Caroline)

This guy causes all those things, and so many more.

I love you, honey.
Thanks for taking me to see Michael. . . .and Jeff.
And, for reminding me when Vincent is on TV.

They don't hold a candle. . . . .
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

This was fun to read just before bed! I was always indifferent to the oversized cartoon characters growing up, but my brother was MORTIFIED. The picture of Mark and Caroline with Clifford (I think? I don't really know???) got me laughing about an incident that occurred at ShowBiz when we were kids (the old Chuck E. Cheese...showing my age here).

Any man who plays the piano soulfully is totally worthy of PCB status in my book (well...maybe...Elton fits the criteria but he is not PCB material...I may have to add onto my standard)!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hilah!!! I remember SHOWBIZ!!! Wow!!! what a blast from the past!

Angie...you are adorable! I love your blog...seriously! And if I constantly have altoids when I'm around you....it's because I'm paranoid about my breath! Heehee!!!!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Lordy girl you make me laugh at my laptop daily. And I usually can't LOL 'cause I don't want to wake any sleeping boys!

I just sent Mr. Doobie himself a care package of minty fresh gum and breathmints...y'know...just in case you're within breathing distance at that concert!

Thanks also for that 'awwwwwwwwww' moment. I was waiting for it. I knew it would be there!

Huggggs,
M :)

2:34 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Don't feel bad Mark.
Kim would actually leave me for Andrea Boccelli...

5:42 AM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Oh Angie, that was so funny! And Mark is one lucky guy, I have to say.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

Is that my left or your left?

....

10:14 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Vincent D'Onofrio

**drools**




Okay. Now that I'm over that. Yes, you do have a great husband. It's so nice to read when people love and are greatful for their spouse.

XOXOX!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i am just so very glad that you don't find clifford the big red dog to be a dreamboat :-D he most certainly MUST have bad breath...yikes!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

We're not big Law and Order:CI fans, so our Vincent D'Onofrio memories come from Men in Black.

Angie, you know how to pick 'em.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

But she still hasn't seen Full Metal Jacket. I don't suppose she will anytime soon.

5:19 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

how did i miss this post? lucky i caught it just before it got shoved to the next page... yeah yeah its funny and witty and i knew all that michael stuff, and jeff stuff and even the mark stuff... (who is that guy they are standing with? )but the part i didnt know is why chris noth came onto to the show that i loved... i was not happy either about george bush (now we know which way i lean, but hey you knew that already) but i did not stop watching tv because of it... or stop taking care of my kids, or anything else that i did... i am gonna puzzle over this all day long i am afraid

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home