This is My "Real" Blog: Here, There, and Everywhere. . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here, There, and Everywhere. . .

We arrived in Nashville a couple hours ago. Staying in the same hotel where we stayed two years ago has helped -- we pretty much remember the places we went before.

Bruegger's Bagels. . .TJ Maxx/Home Goods. . .Fresh Market. And of course, our favorite:

Noshville

I plan on taking pictures there tonight. We ate there the first time when Caroline underwent open heart surgery in 2004. Coming back now, not having the medical stuff hanging over our heads, is wonderful.

They have awesome sandwiches:



And did I mention that they fly in cheesecake from the Carnegie Deli??

Yeah, dinner is gonna rock!

It's been a long day, and there are many adventures in front of us for the next couple of days. We are attending the Tennessee State Down Syndrome Conference. Of course, while we're here attending the conference, Mark gets to meet one of his baseball card blogger friends, and I get to meet HER.

I refer to her as "Lois" on the blog, because that's the pen name she used when we first met. Now I know her as "Jean" and tomorrow (probably -- we haven't worked out the details) we are meeting in person. And, as she put it on her blog, there will be one of "those" hugs. . . the kind where you feel like you have known someone for a long, long time (but in reality have never met in person!)

So, there you've got it. . . .a very full, but hopefully relaxing weekend.

We have learned that there is some form of Country Music Awards at the Grand Old Opry in town (tonight) plus Dave Ramsey is doing his "Town Hall for Hope." So, I'm optimistic that we might see a celebrity or two. Noshville is over near the "music" side of town.

One time when we came to town, we stayed (literally) behind Noshville. We woke in the morning, and learned that Willie Nelson's band (and maybe Willie) was in the same hotel as us. We saw some of them at the continental breakfast. They were unmistakable.

So, we'll see. I can assure you, if I see anyone, I'll try to maintain my composure, and meet them.

Until then, I'll try to relax and enjoy the time away. Oh, did I fail to mention?

A few years ago, my friend Jean (Lois) and her husband met my PCB a couple years ago at Home Depot here in Nashville. I have this hankering to go look at potting soil! :)

In case you forgot what he looks like. . .here's yet another picture. Enjoy!


I wouldn't want you to forget. . . . hee hee!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

Well you are really hot for Michael McDonald this week aren't you?? ;-)

Have fun in Nashville! I love that place!!!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

You're living the high life, kid. Enjoy it!

11:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

usually i get jealous when you meet online people, now i consider them but mere warmups for our meeting,,, yoday i am jealous of the food... i love the food in that town known for music...

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up, gurl!

Maybe I should have hubby drop you off at my place so you can ride the elevator up and down -- hopefully meeting another celebrity...Bwhaha!

Now it's just a matter of hours.
Squeeeeeeeee!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby met him in the electrical aisle at Home Depot. Hubby was getting supplies for our home renovation. We were living in Franklin a t the time.

Hubby gave MM some tips on installing the tub and after some discussion, MM asked hubby over to install his hot tub and relax with some cool beverages. Of course, hubby had no clue. Sometimes he can be such a dweeb.

Me? I've only seen your PCB at Comp USA's parking lot.

OY VEY!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home