This is My "Real" Blog: We(i) Pe(i)ed.....Freely


Angie's Blog!

Friday, April 24, 2009

We(i) Pe(i)ed.....Freely

I know. . .this may be the most cryptic title of all. You can chalk it up to me having the sense of humor of a 13-year old boy.

Let me explain. . .not that it will help.

Tonight, Mark and I went out on our "internet dates" with our online friends. I went out with Lois, and Mark went out with Brian, who manages a bagel shop and plays Battle Master.

I know. We should scare you.

I had fun. I think Mark did, too. He just got home -- and went into the restroom after handing me my cheesecake from Noshville. (I will be eating it shortly) So, we really haven't had a chance to talk.

He met Lois, just before she "whisked" me away on a wonderful tour of some of the most beautiful homes in the Nashville area. We saw current/former homes of the following people:

Waylon Jennings
Tex Ritter
Dolly Parton (her current home)
Hank Williams (and Hank Junior)
Al Gore -- that one made me kinda dizzy.

. . .and many others. She showed me the neighborhood where Kathy Mattea allegedly lives, and the subdivision where Tim McGraw & Faith Hill lived. (Whoa. .. nice homes!)

I even got to see where Peter Cetera (former lead singer of Chicago) currently lives. :)

Then, after my whirlwind tour of Franklin, Brentwood, and Nashville, we went to a really fun restaurant called Wei Pei. And now you see the definition of my blog title for today. If you've ever eaten at a P.F. Changs. . .this is the carryout version of P.F. Changs. It's not nearly as expensive as Changs -- and the stuff tastes, smells, and looks just like Changs.

We had an awesome talk -- and it was so much fun putting her face and voice with her writing. And I have to say -- it was like reuniting with a friend I've known for years -- and picking up where we'd left off. Only, this was the first time that we'd been together. It will not be the last time.

In fact, she and Hank (her hubby) will hopefully come over to our end of the state, and let me treat her to some East Tennessee hospitality. Of course, I don't have any celebrity homes to show her. So, I'll have to come up with some sort of tour.

Well, I have pictures, but there's this piece of cheesecake. And it's right next to me. . . you won't hold this against me, right?

I didn't think so.







And, for the record.....Melany, Beth, and Jeannette--as God is my witness, our day(s) is/are coming. Each time I meet a blog friend, I think of each of you guys. I don't know when or how I will make the Canada connection, but it's going to happen. Wonder Woman, we don't have an excuse -- we're just one state away from each other! :)
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, we'll all just take a big ol' field trip!

I came home to husband dead asleep (poor sweet baby!). No cheesecake here! (darn!). Just had me a glass of milk.

Remember what I said about the pic. Please take out my fifty chins! LOL!

It was fun, wasn't it?
Hugs!!!!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

DOLLY!!!!! You know how much I love her!!!!!! Of course, I love you more though!!!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Traveling Bells said...

See...I told ya you'd have a good time with Lois! I'm just a teeny tiny bit jealous that I wasn't there.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Do come back. BTW, I have a 41 year old D/S nephew who is an absolute DEAR!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

I was actually thinking
Wii Pii when I read it.
Cryptic to Caroline using the potty the whole time.
Maybe I should make a new T-Shirt. ROFL!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"And a good time was had by all."

7:30 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I've heard of Pei Wei (http://www.peiwei.com/), but Wei Pei is a new one on me.

Did you maybe just go in the back door? ;-)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

So true! We are close. Well, my NC Angela is moving to Louisianna & 'the man' lives in Alabama/Georgia.... guess my heart's gonna be in the South... now just to get my mortal body down there.... :-) I know the day is coming... just don't know when. I can't wait. :-) I think you should drive up here, pick me & the kids up, we'll drop them off on the way up 95 at my parents' in PA & then head on up to Canada. Sounds like a plan to me.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home