This is My "Real" Blog: Picture Update


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Picture Update

Big week. I'm so very, very tired. But so very, very blessed.

Thank you for the responses to yesterday's post. Caroline is truly a blessing. She makes me laugh. For those of you who haven't had a chance to meet her -- I can't wait for you to do so. I'm just saying. . .you'll love her.

Here are some recent pics. I figured the picture posts are always more fun than just the "wordy" ones. Enjoy!

Birthday cake at O'Charley's. Very delicious.

After dinner, we went to Build-A-Bear to get our puppy. What a process. . . .

Picking him out -- it was narrowed down to two choices (maybe three)

Then we did the "Build a Bear" rituals for putting the stuffing & heart into the bear. It was really, really cool watching Caroline follow all the directions. (Yes, she has done this before. . .but still!)

Once he's stuffed, you have to brush & fluff him. She liked this part!

Then, it was time to dress him. Yes, he has Converse high-tops.


And without further ado. . .here's Murray. Yes, she named him Murray. (In all likelihood, she named him after the Red Wiggle.) Regardless, I still crack up at the name. :)

What's that? You wonder what kind of t-shirt he's wearing? Look.....


That's right, Murray is a NASCAR fan. Wouldn't have it any other way. But seriously, how could you say "no" to this face. . . ?


Okay, onto other pictures. . .

Two weeks ago, Mark and Caroline attended the DSAG Zoo Day at the Knoxville Zoo. There aren't a lot of great "people" pictures, but there are some good Caroline/Animal pictures. According to Mark, she and this monkey had a long conversation.




I don't really know what to say about this next picture, except for the fact that when I saw it, she just looked so "normal" to me. This is the kind of thing "normal" kids do -- and the more we encourage her to achieve, the more "normal" her life and testimony will be to the world.
(I just like the picture)
On Monday night, while we ate dinner, Mark got a phone call from his best friend from high school. Tim. . .or "Bob" as they call each other. . .Tim and his beautiful wife, Lorna, now reside in Memphis. Well, he lives in Memphis. She's still in Topeka--selling their house.

Anyway, I digress. Surprised? I thought not.

Tim called and said that he was doing some work in So. Kentucky -- and was going to stay in Knoxville, at a local hotel. We told him to cancel those reservations, and come to our house (Mom & Dad's actually) We're booked solid here. And, we got to enjoy an evening with Bob & Bob.


And finally. . . . Here is a picture of me and Jean (aka Lois) that I got to meet in Nashville this past weekend. I could have taken more pictures on our trip around town. . . but it was nice just to sit and talk and laugh and eat and laugh some more.



Well. . .that's it. I'm done. I'm tired. There will be more pics as we get more family in this weekend. Mark's brother and sister-in-law are headed her on Friday. There will be a HUGE birthday party/celebration on Saturday. Lots to do. . .lots to do.

...and I just realized. I have to go put some of these pics up on Facebook. Oh well, I'll eventually make it to bed!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Looks like Caroline had a great birthday! :) Kennedy LOVES Build-A-Bear too!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Caroline with teh monkey...

Yikes! I have Forrest Gump eyes!
Bwahahahaahahahaha!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Whatever you do, don't biggify that photo! The part of me is not pretty!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Cool catch-up. You're building anticipation in the travelling part of the clan.

And I really like Murray's shirt. That girl has her head on straight.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

What an eventful week the Aubrey clan has had with more to come this weekend.

I love Murray...what a great addition to the family. No mess and no noise that's a good combination for the newest pet.

Have a great weekend my friend! We will see you guys on Sunday. I hope to make it at least into worship for some of service.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

What a fun Birthday!!! I've met her and love her, you guys are truly blessed. The pictures are great.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Um, we haven't met her. Just sayin'... We will hold Gooner hostage until you come to Texas.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home