This is My "Real" Blog: No news is no news


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

No news is no news

That's right. Nothing. The stone, to the best of my knowledge, is still where it was last week. In fact, up until this morning, I experienced no pain at all. However, sometime in the middle of 2nd service, it started up again. By the time I got home from church, I was popping my first pain pill since Wednesday night.

I didn't sleep, but I was sorta loopy. In fact, as I tried to talk to Mark, he made fun of my slurred speech. Comes with the territory, I guess.

One of the things I've noticed over the past 3-4 days is that when I'm not doing the things I always do, my kids miss me. Did you catch that. . . my kids miss me! They could skip Mother's Day, as far as I'm concerned.

Today, after church, I collapsed into bed. Mark fed the kids and got Caroline down for a nap. He even took them to pick pumpkins after her nap. When they got back, he brought her into my room--and she squealed, sat on my lap, and gave me a big kiss without being asked. That, my friends, is one of the best things ever. My presence in the day-to-day stuff was missed. Made me feel like a million bucks!

That's it. I'm out of stuff to write about. So, rather than ramble on, I'll leave you with some pictures of the pumpkin adventure. Very fun. Wish I was there. But, I kind of enjoyed the quiet house while they were out adventuring in the field.

Enjoy!






Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

So sorry to hear you are still not well. Thanks for dropping us a line though - been thinking about you. Nice to know how much you are loved and wanted - even if it took for you to get sick for them to realise - so often the way. Hope you are back up and about with your family real soon and love the pumpkin photos - Caroline is so cute :)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Wow the pictures are fantastic! What a truckload of pumpkins/gourds!

Nice to be missed isn't it! (Miss seeing you online more too!) Mind you Carter's been monopolizing the computer quite a bit around here so I've been scarce myself!

Hope the drugs are working and you get un-stoned soon!

Melly :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Those are some large pumpkins, and all those gourds too! Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I hope your feeling better soon. Take care and not too much of the good stuff. OK!

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home