This is My "Real" Blog: The Sound of Silence


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Sound of Silence

That's what is reverberating through my house this afternoon. And, it is delicious.

I guess it's been a while since I've been home on a weekday afternoon where I haven't had to scramble to clean, cook, or coddle. But, as I type, Caroline is asleep. . .dishes are soaking and/or drying in the dishwasher. . .the whites are spinning in the washer. . .and there is NOTHING on the radio, TV or CD player cluttering the smooth and silky silence of my home.

I even e-mailed a response to a phone call I got today -- just to continue the quietness of the afternoon.

It has been a busy, but uneventful week. Some stress, nothing tragic. Mark and I have to attend a board meeting tonight for the Down syndrome group. There could be a little stress/strife there, but nothing that will bring an end to my joy today.

We survived Halloween just fine. Our family got together with Brian and Dionne and their twin boys. The boys will be 4 in December. Talk about bundles of energy. I think Edison gained a new respect and admiration for his one (1) younger sibling who hasn't learned to climb bookshelves yet. It was so much fun to sit and talk and laugh -- just like 10 years hadn't even passed. It seems hard to believe that if we wait another 4-5 years to see them again, Javan and Jared will be Edison's age (or thereabouts) and Edison will be in high school. Oh no, she di'hunt say that.

I have pictures from Caroline's party at school. She was Cinderella. But, alas, I don't know how to download pictures from the camera to the laptop. So they will have to wait for another time.

I also made a glue/nail/pin free wreath for my front door this afternoon. Those "garlands" of fall flowers you can get at Walmart are the key to making this wreath. I took a picture of it, and when it's done, I'll post it as well.

So, it's just another Thursday at our house--but it's a quiet, peaceful, cool Fall Thursday. There are groceries in the cupboards, the laundry is almost done, and the leftover Halloween candy is just about as delicious as the serenity here in the living room.

I wish you peace, serenity, and all the joy that a bowlful of Halloween candy can bring!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for quiet - it is naptime here in the Brock house as well...I don't want it to end just yet.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Candy = Serenity...I LOVE it!

Glad Halloween went well and that you are having such a great day!

Melly :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

A serene blog my friend. Dont we mothers just love the sound of silence....pure bliss....thank your for blogging such a wonderful topic. Good on you for living in the moment.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... the sound of silence...how I miss it! When one of the boys isn't making noise, it's the dog! Thanks for letting me live vicariously for a moment!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home