This is My "Real" Blog: Inconceivable


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Inconceivable

One of my favorite scenes in "The Princess Bride" is where we meet Vizzini, Inigo, and Fezzik. Vizzini's use of the word, "inconceivable" is classic. And now, "inconceivable" is a word I understand on a whole new level.

I passed my kidney stone.

Now, mind you, the term "stone" is an overstatement. I should say the pebble, nay--the clump of sand particles that resembles a burr you'd find on a dog's coat--passed. Honestly, that tiny little creep caused me pain on a level I had not experienced since I had Edison. . . he was ten pounds, two ounces - and I give birth with no pharmaceutical assistance.

1994 note to self: Don't be a hero. If you do this again, get the epidural.

2004 note to self: Epidurals are God's gift to women in payment for years of sacrificing remote controls.

Anywhoooo, she's gone. She flew out of me like a bat out of hell last night, around bedtime. I didn't even notice. Seriously. No pain. Again, maybe God's giving me some credit for the 10 lb. baby incident.

But, after six full days of discomfort, pain, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue--it's good to be back to my old self again. I say "OLD" because the urologist reminded me today that I "am at the end of my younger years."

that.really.hurt.

It really is not inconceivable that such a small object could bring about such pain when I consider the path she took.

And no, I don't know why it's a "she."

Work with me.

I just passed a kidney stone.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Working with you girlfriend, working with you....of course it's a "she" who else could cause so much trouble!!Glad you are back - to your old self - hurumph! Tell urologist you are down one hill but approaching another one - on the up and up you are Angie :)

Best wishes, Helen

ps. I just LOVE your notes to yourself - very Bridget Jones and very very funny:)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Yeowee! You can call it what ever you want. Just the fact that it's gone sounds good to me. 10 pound baby? That's another ouch! Mine were both 5lbs 12oz. I just couldn't imagine.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

I'm glad it passed. I was praying for you...

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowo go away from blog land for a few days and the world goes on without me... go figure... but i beg to differ, anything that causes that much interruption has to be a "he"
emily said to me about a field trip, "well you know the younger mothers are going, so dont worry about it"
we need to talk

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh Angie... yikes! Glad it's literally out of your system! I've never had a kidney stone, but had gallstones and out came the gall bladder... can't do that with a kidney unfortunately! Glad you're feeling better!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home