This is My "Real" Blog: Say a Little Prayer. . . .for Caroline?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Say a Little Prayer. . . .for Caroline?

That's right, the princess is sick. We'd been treating her stuffy nose with over-the-counter stuff for about a week now. Things had been going along just swimmingly. . .until today. I made appointments for both kids to get their flu shots today. Caroline's appointment was made with the stipulation that if she truly *was* sick, we'd forego the flu shot for a real doctor visit.

That mother's intuition is a good thing, ya know? Sure enough, she has an infection in her throat and nose. She was a little trooper at the dr's office. She even sweet talked him into letter her play with his stethoscope, and after that, she played with his hair. I'm telling you, she's got these doctors (and nurses) wrapped around her little fingers.

Anyway, we left with one child innoculated against the flu, and the other on antibiotics. She doesn't mind them. Sucks them out of the syringe, in fact. So, that's good.

However, her fever spiked up to 102.6 tonight, after she went to bed. Another dose of ibuprofen, and we'll see what happens. As it stands, Mark intends to stay home with her tomorrow. I was home with her today--her school was cancelled due to Veteran's Day. Edison, our christian-school kid. . . had school. Go figure.

Well, I need to get back to Christmas present preparations. With the Aubrey side of the family exchanging gifts over Thanksgiving, there's an inordinate amount of pressure on me right now. I'll make it -- but it will be a series of short nights and long days! But it's so worth it!!

Thanks for praying!!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Oh, I am so sorry Caroline is sick! But so glad she got on antibiotics. What a little trooper!
My prayers are with her.
Love to all the Aubreys.
Joni

1:25 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Natch I am praying for my Caroline, and seriously praying about the gifting situation...but might I have a word... I am a southerner, cannot tell you how many sumemrs and holidays spent in Texas and Louisiana, and whilst in Miami, I was at Homestead Speedway as part of my church's Raceway Ministries outreach. I spoke to drivers even, *nodding head right now* ...my blog title was a designed to get a rise out of you, and it did...made you, look...nanana
and I have not yet blogged, I was only trying to beat my kid here

7:36 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm sorry the little woobie is sick.

My sister is coming to visit for Thanksgiving so I have to be prepared for the gift giving then too. I hope I will be. I think I will be. I hope so.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Sorry for the sickie.

And thank goodness for re-gifting! I don't know how else I would have gotten rid of that case of organic tofu ice cream topping I ended up with from the office party.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hope Madam is better today. I hate it when they're poorly. :-(

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for Caroline, too. Hope she gets well quick.

Nancy W.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, she does have a three hour headstart on me! And I don't always leave comments, so maybe I'm always beating her! ;o)
Hope everything works out and praying for strength! Isaiah 40:28-31

12:32 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH big hugs to our northern hemisphere princess.....hope she will be well real soon. Princess Katie sends her love

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Hope Caroline feels better soon.

Lots of good posts since I last visited.

A PIG??? We need to know the end of this story.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home