This is My "Real" Blog: When You Know You're Going to Come Home Tired. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

When You Know You're Going to Come Home Tired. . .

. . .you do a blog entry early in the day.

Tonight is a "two-fer" at church. I have band practice at 6:30, and choir practice at 7:30. I know--before even going to the car to drive down there--that I'm going to be exhausted when I get home. So, I'm posting now. So I don't feel guilty later.

Of course, I'm also hereby allowing myself to watch reruns of "The Office" on TBS at 10:00 and 10:30 respectively. I'm sorry. . .I love that show. When we were at my office staff retreat a couple weeks ago, I made a (vague . . .really vague) reference to The Office in one of the games we were playing. (I claimed to be 5/16 Native American--Michael claims that in "Diversity Day" and it's hilarious) Of course. . .no one got the joke. Not even my husband.

At one point, our youth minister's wife said, "Wait. That's not genetically possible." (Which also is said in the episode) She's studying to be a vet. I guess genetics would play *some* part in a vet's studies.

Regardless. . . no one got the joke. I felt stupid for using that example. I realized that I truly am an island on this one.

Oh well. It could be worse. I could have made some reference to shows like "Sex and the City," or "Entourage" (which I don't watch, by the way) but that would have *really* put me in a spot now, wouldn't it?

Let's see. . . Caroline's some better. The augmentin is working. We're still waiting to see whether or not it takes its toll on her digestive system. (Yes, Doug -- this is a poopy statement) It seems to me that the last time she took augmentin, it was ugly. It's only been 24 hours, and two doses. . . so we're still holding out to see what's up. . .or, well, not so much up. [sorry]

I've mentioned two practices tonight. . .so I'm covered there.

OH! I can't believe I nearly forgot this....I 'fessed up at our staff prayer meeting this morning. I admitted publicly that I could very easily become addicted to Guitar Hero -- and of course, I projected the blame onto my co-workers. I mean, really, it's their fault for getting me to play "Rock Band" in the first place.

Last night, I spent well over two hours playing GH. Edison had gone to bed....we moved the game out to the living room. He only "snuck out" to go to the bathroom once--and, for whatever reason, at that time, I wasn't playing.

My repertoire thus far? It's pretty cool. . . and pretty random. (A number of songs I don't know, by the way)

Surrender (mentioned this yesterday)
Message in a Bottle
Jessica (Allman Brothers Band) Dang, this one is hard, ya'll.
Crazy on You (Heart) -- also harder than it looks
Monkey Wrench (Foo Fighters)
You Really Got Me (Van Halen)

. . .and a host of other songs that are available for your humiliation on Guitar Hero2. If I weren't the dedicated blogger you all know and love, I'd be in there right now....hammering out some sweet tunes.

What does Edison think? Actually, I was quite surprised. He's kinda in an admiration state with me. When we talked about some of the songs this morning on the way to school, we laughed about how hard the "medium" level is. (I'm stuck on Easy -- and may LIVE there!) He's nearly passed through the medium level. (At that level, you get Kansas' "Carry On my Wayward Son" which I adore)

The moment I cherish? When I told him that by going back and re-doing one of the songs--probably "Surrender" but I'm not sure--I got 5 out of 5 stars. He actually said, "Good job, Mom!"

Yep, there's my mother's day gift. Not really. But at least I didn't make him squeamish. At least. . . not yet! (bwaa haa haa!)

Happy Tuesday, everyone. I may squeeze in a "set" or two before he gets home from school. I can't let him catch me playing -- especially when we've told him NOT to play until all his homework is done.

We're such mean parents. . . . .
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i lvoe you so much... my GH friend... i am hopeless at that game, and i live vicariously through you.... we have too many kids in our house, i would love to try, but i am afraid of being mortified... so i cant get to it to be alone and practice

10:10 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Had person go through a serious depression after I told her that playing guitar hero didn't automatically translate to playing a guitar. She argued the point until I handed her my guitar...she wasn't happy.

Remember to simplify (only play every other note..."booo booo"

12:16 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Too funny! I got GH for Tyler for his B-Day. The wii only offers GH3and we have mastered it on easy. Now we are working on medium (this is taking much longer). But yes it is very addictive.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i'm telling you, you really got ME when you shared that you can play a van halen song. you are officially THE coolest! :-)

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home