This is My "Real" Blog: Be-Laboring Labor Day!


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 01, 2008

Be-Laboring Labor Day!

We are home today -- well, right now, *I* am home. Mark has taken the kids shopping for a few things (caulk, a new grill, steak knives). Oh, if I were only kidding. . .

1) The Buzz Update. They weren't hornets or yellow jackets. They were bees. And, it appears that we didn't have a hive in the house or attic. We had (key word: HAD) a bag of soda cans to be recycled in the garage. When Mark went to relocate it outside the garage, he pissed off the bees. (Sorry, mom.)

So, we are grateful to have only had about 15 in the house -- they're all pushing up daisies. . . you know, the pollen and all.

The cans are outside. All is well.

2) New Grill? Am I serious? Well. . .yes, I am. Sometime, last night, in the midst of our Labor Day cookout with our small group from church, our grill decided to implode on itself. From what I've been told, there is now no "CharBroil" on the front -- it melted off. And the left side control button. Gone.

So, a new grill is somewhere on our horizon.

3) Steak Knives? We need some. We live 8.5 miles from the largest independent knife store in the country. Need I say more?

4) Caulk. In looking for the entry route for the bees, we noticed that many of our windows need to be re-caulked. So, that's an easy (and energy-efficient) thing to do. 'nuff said.

So, while he and the kids are out shopping, I am going to get a few more Buddy Walk projects done. I basically need to create the world's largest "To-Do List" in the history of mankind. Once that's done, I'll be in good shape.

Have a lovely Labor Day! And, for my precious U.T. fans. . . Go Vols!

My buddy Beth has posted a picture on her blog that was taken by her daughter, Jenni. Jenni is my adopted "niece" (along with her 42 siblings) and she is more precious to me than I can say. Jenni and Caroline share that "certain little something" that sets them apart. . . or ties them together (you be the judge). Here's her picture (Yes, I did snag it from Beth's blog). . .



Is this not BEAUTIFUL??!?!? Great job, my sweet Jenni! I love you!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

if i can tear my princess away from her fave show i will show her this and she will be soooo happpy

9:16 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:16 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hannah and i are reading together and we are happy all bees are gone, we dont like them... and we want to come visit, as Hannah just reminded me again, it might seem like talk and only talk, but we do regularly discuss visiting you... so it will happen (hannah and her mom)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I don't know how you juggle caulk, a new grill and steak knives.

Oh, that's right, it's Mark who's doing that. He's real good at juggling.

On your to-do list, write down "Don't catch juggled steak knives". Trust me on this one.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bees scare the heck outta me.

That's a great photo!

So was the dinner good even though the grill imploded?

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Angie this is Jenni thank you Hannah said I can take pictures of you and Caroline and then you can make a scrapbook. That would be fun. love Jenni

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home