This is My "Real" Blog: It's My Super Bowl. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's My Super Bowl. . . .

. . . I can cheer if I want to!!! That's right, baby! Tomorrow - as soon as we can pull ourselves away from church - we'll begin watching the 52nd running of the Daytona 500.

This is my Super Bowl.
This is my Opening Ceremonies
This is my Gala.

. . .and yes, this year, this is my Valentine's Day.

(I think we're even having leftovers from last night's really good dinner - just to keep the romance alive!)

I love everything about the Daytona 500. I love the interviews and feature pieces on drivers - old and new.

Mark Martin - in my humble opinion, if Jeff Burton doesn't win, this the guy I want to see grabbing the checkered flag!

I love the back stories from owners and drivers that I truly admire.

This guy is welcome to have dinner at my house -- anytime. Mark and I both enjoy every thing he says, does, drives, or watches. Michael Waltrip is a class act!

I love hearing his big brother, Darryl Waltrip say, "Boogity Boogity Boogity - let's go racin' boys!" (Of course, I get to hear that more than just for the Daytona 500 - but I still love it)



And I love the fact that this guy


Whoops. . . I mean this guy

Photobucket

is willing to watch all these wonderful races with me. He's even been crazy enough to take me to a couple of them.

Oh -- and the Olympics? Amazing, so far. I'm a big Apolo Ohno fan


Just watching him glide along -- and overtake guys in a split-second? Does me in.

So, for someone who has (literally) no athletic ability. . . and is famously not the world's greatest driver? I'm kinda liking this time of year.

What's that? You want to see a famously awesome driver?
Okay. . . you twisted my arm.

That's right -- Edison is now the proud holder of a drivers' permit. (I have taken up the use of controlled substances!) Nah, I'm kidding. He's not bad for a rookie. I've let him drive my van twice since he got his permit on Thursday. He's only really scared me two times. And both of those times, it was more my "Mama Nerves" than his inexperience. He's going to do great.

So there you have a brief recap of our week -- racing, skating, baking, and loving. That's right -- I'm loving these next couple weeks. . . and months!!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

speaking of mama nerves, do you find your self braking imaginary brakes, I still do that.... madly braking an empty floorboard.... sighs...and the fact that i know as much as i do about nascar, i think i could fake my way thru a conversation.... shows that do i read this blog.... that could be like a litmus test How well do you pay attn while reading angeis blog? how many engagement rings has mark given her? and who the heck is jim burton? HAH GOT YA..... its JEFF burton? and while he may not sing like michael mcdonald, he can sure take a set a wheels around a track. there how'd i do? not bad, Beth not bad

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad, Beth. I was scared a bit when you called him Jim, but then you pulled the rug out from under us. You trickster!

And not bad, Edison. If you show up in our driveway, I'll only have a little heart attack, not a big one. You will have stolen the car, but you'll be driving it legally.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and her imaginary braking... you also forgot the grabbing of the handle.... yep, I'm my mother...LOL

Angie and her boys.... LOL

For a while there it seemed that every time hubby and I would eat at the Franklin, TN Steak and Shake, DW would be there...

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lois, please adopt me. DW is my second-favorite driver (right after King Richard). I will shlep baggage, do the dishes, take out the trash, whatever. But take me with you to that restaurant in that town. That would be cool to see him.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home