This is My "Real" Blog: Fourteen days, baby. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fourteen days, baby. . . .

You probably think I'm talking about Valentine's Day, right?

WRONG!

It's fourteen days. . . a mere 336 hours (or so) until the Daytona 500, babies!!!



We will attend a Super Bowl party. In fact, we're having some friends over next week for the game. We'll play some games (I think) . . . one couple STRONGLY roots for Indianapolis. So, I'm not sure we'll be doing a whole lot of anything but watching football. And, I'm good with that.

But on the 14th, my family will gather -- we may have homemade pizza. . . or chili. There will be chips, dip, lots of diet Coke of Dr. Pepper. Heck, there might even been cookies.

As soon as we get home from church, the adventure will begin. We'll watch all the pre-race coverage. . . the interviews, and films about what the teams have been doing in the (brief) off-season. We'll watch the pre-race concert, listen to the National Anthem being sung, and we'll wait for those four words that I love to hear every Sunday (and occasional Saturdays) during race season:

"Gentlemen, start your engines!"

And a new season. . . coupled with a new chance to watch him. . .


(sigh) . . . will be upon us.

Until then, do your best to bide the time. Sign Valentine cards with your kids, hang pretty pink & red hearts in your windows, celebrate any snowfalls that might come your way.

But on February 14 -- buckle your seat belts! It's gonna be a great race season.

(Can you believe I devoted an entire post to NASCAR?!)






If you can't. . .you haven't been reading my blog long enough!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your NASCARmania reminds me of my love for target shooting. Love it!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Judy @ daily yarns said...

I love reading about your NASCAR posts. They have so much energy...you can tell that you really love to watch it.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vroooooom!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right there with ya! Any Valentine's dates Jeff and I might get to have, will be planned around this....and I can't say I'd know who will hold us to the Daytona schedule more...Jeff or Caleb....

How are you feeling about Ms Danica racing this year???? Crazy!!! Jeff says they are pushing for her to race Daytona! I think it's a bit of a RUSH...hellooooo!!! She's used to Indy cars!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i have been reading long enough so not only can i believe it, i think i might even like them....

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MamaChef, Danica's not used to bump drafting. Or using the next guy's car to bump you back down the track a bit. I don't see her running with the big boys at Daytona - or not for long.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home