This is My "Real" Blog: My Super(Hero) Kids


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Super(Hero) Kids

That's right -- my girl's got MAD SKILLS!

On Tuesday, Caroline got off the bus - nothing unusual there. But in her book bag a little fuzzy muzzle peeked out at me. And, I got curious.

Mind you - she hasn't taken to a life of thievery, but I wasn't sure if this cute little puppy was *supposed* to come home with her, or not. Turns out, he was. He accompanied this certificate -- with her teacher's congratulations for reading all of her Kindergarten sight words.

Big day.
Big, big day!!

She's my (super)hero!

In other news. . . .

Edison is still on his class trip to Florida. On Tuesday, they visited Universal's Islands of Adventure, where he rode this


Here's another angle




and this



He complained that too many of the other rides were broken down. I assured him that I would much rather a ride be broken down before he got on it, than while he was on the ride.

He didn't necessarily agree with me. I can live with that.

On Wednesday, they visited St. Augustine. (Yes, he can - in a perfect world - share pictures when he gets back) But, remember, this is my 15-year old taking pictures on a class trip. I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

St. Augustine sites



And today, he went to Kennedy Space Center


I remember seeing this when we went through the tour in 1976. . . and yes, I was older than my son is now. (Sigh - anyone seen my Geritol?)


So far, from what we can piece together from text messages, he has had a good trip. Just surviving those two rides at Islands of Adventure qualifies him for sainthood in my book. He's had a good time -- this is the furthest he's been away from me where he wasn't with family.

He's done fine.
I've done fine.

. . . but every superhero needs to return to his home eventually.

Mine comes home tomorrow. And, I'm glad.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah for Miss C. She's doing so well in Kindergarten. I wouldn't ever find myself on either of those 2 rides that E enjoyed. I don't do upside down real well. Glad he's having fun. What an amazing experience as a freshman! Where will he go next year?

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Nana said...

I must say-your children keep amazing me! I love that Caroline knows her sight words! And I wouldn't have gotton on those rides at any point in my life!!
Fun days for both of them!!!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the kids... and triple yay for having them all home!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the day when Caroline is dragging Edison (and Mrs. Edison?) to the amusement parks. That would be fun!

Also looking forward to pix from Edison, more from a psychological perspective of what he thought was important rather than the touristy parts.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Yeah for Caroline! Teenagers you gotta love em...Mine would have complained about the same thing.

8:19 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

shes my supoerhero too! send me a high res please i have some scrapping to do! I love st augustine, and i think the trip is wasted on teenagers, they have delicious eateries there too! bakeries YUM

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home