This is My "Real" Blog: Go Jesus! Go, go Jesus!


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Go Jesus! Go, go Jesus!

In between hearing sweet statements like, "What happened?" or "Mommy!" or my personal favorite, "I have to go potty," we sometimes hear "Go Jesus, Go!" That's right--Caroline is now cheering for Jesus. Let me explain. . . .

On the Wii, you create characters -- Mii's -- for each family member. We have Mark, me, Edison, Caroline, Becca (my niece), Grandma, and Grandpa . . . . and Jesus.


I guess there's some code you can put in to create a Jesus Mii for your Wii games. And yes, very often, Jesus shows up -- he may be bowling in the frame next to you. Or, he might be cheering for you during a boxing match. He's always in a white robe -- even on Wii Sports Resort, where everyone dons Hawaiian shirts. Not Jesus -- he's still in his Jerusalem garb.

So, it was natural, I suppose (earlier today) to hear Caroline "cheering" for Jesus. I'm assuming he was bowling. Edison has played as Jesus a couple times -- and although acting as the Messiah, he (Edison) has beaten me -- he (Jesus Mii) doesn't possess any divine powers that make him a superior Wii player. And I'm glad.

. . . because that would make playing the Wii a whole lot less fun. I'm just saying.

Welcome Spring!

No, I'm not naive enough to believe that we have left all the winter weather behind. But, we are supposed to make it into the mid-50s today. . . and 61 tomorrow. Honestly, that's typical late-winter weather for Tennessee. And this recent cold SNAP of 20 degree weather, including snow, ice, and freezing rain has (quite honestly) stunk. (I was going to use another verb - but chose this one. . . Mom reads this, don't you know?)

I just leaned back in my computer chair - and can see the mountains in the distance. It's either English Mountain or LeConte - not sure which one. The sky is a gorgeous blue, and there's still a bit of snow up on those mountains. After the last couple of weeks - they can keep it. I love looking at it from a distance -- but one of benefits and blessings of living in the southeastern United States is mild winter weather.

He Won! He Won! He Won!

On Tuesday, Edison had to submit the display board for his school Science Fair project. Praise the Lord in Heaven -- this is the last one he has to do. I believe he will have the option to participate in the coming years. But, I suspect that his science fair career has ended. And not a moment too soon. . . .

On Tuesday night, he received a text message from his biology teacher - letting him know that he had received some sort of award. But, she told him there would be no details until Friday.

Fast forward to yesterday - I drove over to the school during his 7th period class to pick up his bass guitar and amp, and he pulled a purple envelope out of his pocket. It simply said, "President's Award: Music of my Heart"

He had won the President's Award - which is basically the Head Master's favorite project. Pretty cool, eh? Even "cooler" was the enclosed gift card for Cold Stone Creamery. Mark has told Edison that he's to take me with that gift card -- because of all the work I did. But, honestly, I think I did far less this year than in years past.

. . . but if there's a free cup or cone in the future, I won't turn it down! Ha.

That was not, however, the biggest news. He was also awarded the Grand Prize for the Science Fair -- and will take his project to the University of Tennessee sometime in the next month (we assume) for further competition. I don't have any idea if he will win there, or not.

But this really is one of those times when it's an honor to be nominated.

Other Happenings. . . .it's BUSY!!

About this time last year, I agreed to lead worship at Johnson Bible College's annual Homecoming. It's a 3-day event at the Bible College just 7 miles from our house. Not being an alumnus of the college, it's kind of a huge honor -- and I'm extremely grateful to be taking 15 or 16 of my worship team members (many of them alums) to lead with me. However, this has added an enormous amount of work to my already busy life. It probably wouldn't have been so bad - but Caroline had that 2-week sickness--and four or five snow days following.

Yeah. . . .it was a good thing when she want back to school this week!

Homecoming is this Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm anxious.

But, I'm doing my best to keep my focus on the fact that we're not "performing," we're leading. There's no competition. . . no judges. Just worship. And, I can live with that.

. . . but it will be nice to have it finished on Thursday.

But, that's not all I've signed up for. . . you know me better than that, don't you? I'm also leading worship at our upcoming Women's Retreat for church. It will be a 4-session video teaching by Beth Moore - whom I adore. We have about 45 women planning on attending. I'm very, very excited. But again. . . that's four additional worship "services" that require planning and execution - along with the usual stuff I get to (have to) do. So, I'll be jumping from one big project to another.

But wait!!! There's more. You kinda knew there would be, didn't you?!

On Friday (yesterday) I received an email from one of the Youth Ministry professors at JBC (Johnson) asking if I would teach a class for his preaching class -- about leading worship, worship planning, and balancing work/ministry. As flabbergasted as I was to be asked -- I was totally honored. And, once I worked out some logistics with Mark -- I was able to respond that "yes" I would do it.

When is it, you asked?

OH. . . the Friday afternoon of our Women's retreat. Of course.

I don't need to be at the retreat until sometime after 4 p.m. -- and the class will take place at 1 p.m. - and it's only an hour or so. So, I'll have plenty of time. . . . yeah, right.

But, as my mom reminded me on the phone this morning -- I tend to get myself into these situations, and somehow come out without being killed, wanting to do myself in, or murdering someone else. So, all in all, it should be fine.

Yes, I'll keep you posted.

Ya Wanna Be a Pirate, Matey?

Caroline had a follow-up visit with her eye surgeon (she didn't have surgery, but he is a surgeon) to see if her glasses have been helping her eyes. And, they do see some improvement.

However, they're still seeing some "wandering" with both eyes -- so we are beginning (today, in fact -- in just a few minutes) a rotating patch on each eye. She will wear an eye patch for 3 hours - on alternating eyes - six days a week. Rather than put something on her lenses, we've gotten a bandage-type eye patch.

The way the doctor explained it to Mark - this is going to "trick" her brain into not favoring one eye over the other. From the way he described it to us back in the fall -- she doesn't have a "lazy eye," as it were -- but there are some muscle control issues. And, if we can eliminate the need for surgery by doing this --we're ALL for it!

Because of the limited amount of time she has to wear the patch(es), we will do it during the afternoons, when she gets home from school. I have no idea how this is going to go over, or even if it is going to go over. But, we're going to follow doctor's orders, and see what happens.

Saving the Best for Last. . . .

Beth sent an email last night with the incredible, spectacular news -- the doctors feel like the tumor in her throat has decreased in size. So much so. . . .that they've almost completely ruled out surgery. (That part is HUGE!!!!)

She will, however, continue her chemo treatments (two more) and begin radiation (35 days, basically) after the chemo is finished.

Oh, how I wish and pray that the doctors would say that the tumor (she's named him Ignace) has completely disappeared -- and there's no need for any additional chemo or radiation. Wouldn't that be one for God's Record Book?! Man, that testimony would preach!

. . . but so will her current journey. The faith and trust that she and Tony, and all their kids and extended family have placed in our Faithful God. . . and the assurances they're getting from him as He is healing her and giving her back so much for her faith?

Friends -- that is a testimony that will preach!

Well, that's it for now. It's been a long time since I've blogged -- nearly a week. I'm sorry. But, as you can see, life at the Aubrey house is moving at its typical frenzied pace. And although I wouldn't want it any other way. . . sometimes I find myself looking for that brake pedal.

Enjoy your weekend!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i'm looking forward to the women's retreat...my last "hurrah" before the (very welcome) busyness of having and caring for a newborn settles into my life once again :-) and i'm looking forward to worship at homecoming too!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho hum. Just another Angie is too busy and God is doing miracles post.

Way cool, all around.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Nana said...

Love the Caroline stories and we are so proud of Edison's accomplishments!! We have the most wonderful grandchildren!!!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful news all-around... and Beth, keep fighting the cancer... we know you can do it, look how quickly it's being defeated...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love every story about caroline, but that one about the Jesus Mii has just topped the list...love it!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home