This is My "Real" Blog: Fasten Your Seatbelts. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Fasten Your Seatbelts. . . .

Well. . . the first of two very crazy weeks has begun. After a brief "rest" yesterday afternoon--note I didn't say "nap," but "rest" -- I headed over to JBC for setup and a fairly comprehensive rehearsal with the different morphs of our band. That's right -- in five (5) services there are at least four (4) different configurations of singers & instrumentalists.

It worked -- it was busy, but it worked.

I spent the morning at work (like usual). And, we had our "typical" Monday morning staff meeting -- although there were doughnuts. And sadly, that's not the norm.

After my meeting, I played "catch up" and tried to start getting things checked off the never-ending "to-do" list. I'm fairly certain that all things that need to get done will get finished, but there's always a bit of a challenge in the process.

I have a student at JBC that is doing a "mentoring leadership" project with me this semester. She and I meet once a week - for an hour or so -- and we spend time talking about the role of women leaders in churches. She's had some very interesting challenges -- she's a preaching major -- and by and large, Christian churches do not support the ordination of women. So, in one sense, she's already fighting an uphill battle. However, she's planning on going into Women's Ministry -- and there won't be nearly as many obstacles for her to overcome in that realm.

After our meeting - I eked out a bit more work, and headed home to greet a school bus. It's always disturbing when Caroline comes home in different clothes than the ones she was wearing when she got on the bus, but I've learned to take things in stride.

This afternoon, however, she got off the bus in a long-sleeve red shirt (it was Clifford the Big Red Dog day), black leggings that she's nearly out-grown, one sock, and two shoes.

Yep - she was quite the picture.

Turns out, she had an accident at school -- and I know there will be more of them before we completely cross the potty-training hurdle. But, the "ragamuffin" look she was sporting this afternoon was a stretch.

Dinner came together -- and following bathtime, we decided to make a movie. I know it was pushing her actual bedtime -- but there are just some things you do because your spirit tells you that you need to do them.

And with that, I present our movie. It was made for Beth . . . with lots of love. . .and a few blinked-back tears.



After that, what more is there to say? I can't think of much more.

Pray for me. . .for us. . . for this week. It's going to be a long one. But, in the end, I think it will all be worthwhile. Bottom line - we're worshipping, not performing. And as long as I remember that -- and keep the thought in the front of my mind, all should be well. People are praying. God is good.

. . . seriously, is there more to say?








I didn't think so.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's adorable!

and yes, God is good!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers = yes
Cute = yes

That kid has chops! Needs a bit more camera tracking ability, but not bad at all.

Of course, she's taking after multi-tasking Mom . . .

9:06 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Love it, Angie! So sweet. And I know it's going to encourage Beth.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

OMG I opened this at work. Might need to go home for an emergency make-up reapplication. Oh yeah, and some insulin 'cause that was sweeeeeeeet.

Blessings to you and your sweet little angel and big healing blessings to our lovely Beth!

I thank God for all of you. :)

Love Melly :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i still cant get enough of the video and thank you giant sized for the sweet comments here. the chemo fog descending upon me makes commenting difficult but i do read and come and check often. i love you so. I thank God at every remembrance of the whole Aubrey family....

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Nana said...

Angie I am so glad you posted this on your blog!! I tried to see the video again on FB but it wasn't available. I love sweet Caroline and her song and her blown kisses. Her face lights up, she so brightens my day!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

still loving this rocking love fest

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of a "rocking love fest", how's it going over at JBC?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home