This is My "Real" Blog: All we are saying. . . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All we are saying. . . . .






Sorry, couldn't help but quote John & Yoko on such a monumental night.

Caroline loves peas.

We had no clue.

Tonight's dinner was simple: Roasted Chicken (very tasty), Baked Potatoes, Green Peas, and Cranberry Sauce. Yes, I know. . .I know. . .peas are considered starches. There was nothing inherently healthy about them -- except that they are beautifully green.



I love them.
Mark and Edison? Not so much.

I love them in Pea Salad (miracle whip, cashews, cheddar cheese)



I love them in 24-Hour Layered Salad (lettuce, peas, cheese, red onion, celery, green pepper, bacon, etc.)



I'm not such a big fan of split-pea soup.


And I loathe the "Army-green" peas that come out of a can.

(I think I just threw up a little in my mouth)

But, I love peas.

We noticed that Caroline, very quietly, was using the proper utensils to shove the peas into her mouth. (In my defense, they were exceptionally good peas) But, we really didn't expect this from her.

Our reaction? The silent gestures that said, "Did you see that?" and "Shhhh, don't say anything -- she might stop!"

But, she didn't.

She...ate...every...single...last...pea...on...her...plate.


I credit Veggie Tales. . . .



. . .now if I could just get her to eat squash!!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love peas, too!

Hubby's not a fan of pea soup, but any other way is okay with him.

Yay for peas!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas, peas,
The musical fruit.
The more you eat,
The more -- wait, that's supposed to be beans.

I'll take the split pea soup. Thick enough for the spoon to stand up in.

(A Dunkin Donuts? Really??)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home