This is My "Real" Blog: Happy Birthday, Bud!


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bud!

Happy 12th Birthday, Edison James Aubrey!

It's actually already the 16th of November here - but back in Chicago - where you were born - it's still technically your birthday.

Edison, my love, you are my first baby. The first one to call me "Mommy" and the first one to teach me how it feels to be completely, totally, unabashedly and unconditionally loved. Your dad loves me totally, too, but there's something about "mom" love.

You were, and are, my delight. You are becoming my friend--even though you're still my kid. (that part is really cool to me)

You need to always remember -- no matter if you do grow to be 4-5 inches taller than me, I'll still "jerk a knot in your tail," if I need to.

And, even though I seem so silly to you right now--especially when you think you know everything and your dad and I seem so stupid, remember that we're pretty smart. And, to be honest, when we were your age, we felt this way about Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Papa.

I love you, Edison James.

I pray that you will always walk with Jesus, like you do now. I pray that your evil, snarky sense of humor will only age with time. I pray that your taste in music will someday conform closer to mine, but I can understand if that doesn't happen.

I pray that you will see God's purpose and plan for your life. I pray that as you grow to know him more each day, you'll see HIS hand at work in your life. And, though it pains me to say this. . .

I know that the day is coming when some girl will steal your heart. I'm really okay with this. But, I pray that she will love God, and give herself to him first. That's of utmost importance, my precious, precious boy.

I am proud of you. I adore you. I love you now and forever.
Mom
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Happy Birthday, Big "E"!

Hope it was a great day!

Thanks for making my cry, Angie.

How sweet it is.

Melly :)

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the Kleenex??? Wow Angie...there was a drought here but I think I have just added some to the water levels through my tears over this blog. Thank you so much for sharing and letting me be a part of your wish for your son. Happy Birthday Edison :) Best wishes, helen

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your son... Happy Birthday Edison!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

OH MY I missed this! Happy Belated Birthday Edison! Hope it was a good one!

Vicky

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home