This is My "Real" Blog: Time for an Update


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Time for an Update

So..... our house is a little bit calmer than it has been the past couple days. I still need a nap (or two) to make up for some lost sleep, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I have officially entered into the crazy part of my year. Our music ministry is putting together a full-scale Christmas musical this year. I told the choir that musical productions are not my favorite things to do. I was honest. . . you have to give me that. But, the general consensus was that everyone wanted to do it, so I agreed.

I have an amazing support network helping with the musical. A very talented young man is directing the drama portion. I sat in on a drama rehearsal tonight - just to give some feedback, and help cue lines. It's going to be very good.

BUT.....the production will take place in exactly one month - and there's still an awful lot to accomplish until the curtain goes up. Actually, our curtain goes from side to side, but you know what I mean.

So, those issues aside, things are humming along at our house. Edison's 12th birthday is on Wednesday. Where did those years go? I can still remember those last couple days, waiting for my first baby. He was such a precious baby. He was a BIG baby.

But, I'll devote Wednesday's blog entry to him. I'll have my kleenex ready, because I can't talk about my kids without crying. Isn't motherhood amazing?

Here's a layout I did tonight of Caroline with Miss Mint's "Blue Lavender" kit. It was a freebie I downloaded a few months back. I love it - but I just hadn't had time to use it. I also used an alpha that Melany designed for me. She's just the greatest.

This series of pictures that I took of Caroline in October has given me so much to scrap with. I could've played with virtual photographer and re-colored this picture, but it seemed best done in its original form.

I've named it "Flower Child." Enjoy. . .

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning LO friend - I agree, best left in its natural state. Caroline needs no editing - she is so beautiful just the way she is. Good luck with your deadline...you will be fine and do great :) Happy Birthday Edison for tomorrow (it is Tuesday afternoon here). Birthdays are a wonderful reminder of all that has gone before.... where are our babies? Time to celebrate! Enjoy Angie! Best wishes, Helen

12:25 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Wow. So I guess I won't be seeing much of YOU in the near future. Especially since I'm ::GASP:: going back to work in a couple weeks!

That is one beautiful layout..one of my favourites so far. They just keep getting better all the time!

Hope we can keep in touch during this upcoming crzazy season!

Love Melly :)

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that crazy canadian misspelling favorite.... jeez, but she is right...the layout is stupendous...

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot that Jake was a couple months older than Edison -- time flies!!! Happy Birthday Edison!! Wish I could be there to be in your musical! What memories we could relive! Remember that armageddon one with the dry ice? I LOVE this picture/layout of Caroline!! Precious!!! Have a blessed day! Julaine

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home