This is My "Real" Blog: Let it Snow!


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Let it Snow!

. . .if only for an hour! That's right. We got snow this morning. This, of course, leads me to the inevitable unveiling of the Tennessee Snow Casserole recipe, which is made around this time of year.

This particular recipe is used when snow is in the forecast. Once the flakes start to fall, there is a rush at the local Food City grocery store for the following items:

Pepsi
Canned Chili
Milk
White Bread
Toilet Paper

There you have it.--a recipe for a disastrous snow-in. I say bring on the Chex Mix, Diet Coke, and all the chocolate chip cookies you can make!

But, seriously, I'll give you a recipe that was passed along to me by our Developemental Therapist, Miss B.J. I made these for dinner tonight. Very delectable!

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 T Butter
1 Small onion, chopped
1 can chopped green chiles
1 block cream cheese (8 oz)
8 smallish flour tortillas
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
8 oz. heavy cream

Saute the onion in butter until translucent. Add green chiles, chicken, and cream cheese. Cook until cheese melts.

Divide evenly between 8 flour tortillas. Roll the enchiladas, and place them in a greased 9 x 13 pan. They should fit snugly. It's best to put the "tortilla flap" down.

Cover enchiladas with monterey jack cheese. Pour heavy cream over the enchiladas.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes. Cheese should be slightly browned.

These are great right away, but like just about any good meal, they're even better the next day!

Enjoy!!!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

I'm all over that recipe...gonna make that soooooooooooon!

Sorry about the snow - I'm afraid I sent it your way. We have pretty much NONE right now! And we're supposed to get above-freezing temperatures for the next couple of days! heehee!

Melly :)

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had me a bit worried about the first receipe there Angie - thought you had to combine loo (toilet paper)paper with milk - yuk! Second one sounds much better. Well it was hot here yesterday - high 90s I think in your measurements. The children were playing in buckets of water out the back! (see blog) - think I would prefer that to snow :) Have a good one my friend ~ Helen

3:41 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I'm making these tonight...it's been a while!
I've had this recipe in my phone notes forever!
Love you!
M :)

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home