This is My "Real" Blog: Some Traditions are Worth Repeating


Angie's Blog!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Some Traditions are Worth Repeating

Though we often complain about certain "traditions" that we are forced to endure, I have to admit, Thanksgiving Dinner is one that is definitely worth repeating.

. . .but only once a year, please!? My waistline (ha!) can't take it more than once every 365 days.

We had a great time. It was good to gather with our family, and reflect on our blessings. We really do have so much to be grateful for. This year, these things stuck out to me:


  • watching Caroline sit at the "mini-kids' table" with Kylie - if only for 5 minutes.
  • playing Taboo with Mom, Mary, Mary, Dad, Mark, Tim, and Natalie
  • realizing that welcoming Tim into the family will be such a joy
  • hearing stories about my grandparents. . .yeah, I've heard them a thousand times, but it's still good to hear them again.
  • that new Pampered Chef deep-dish pie plate (cranberry glazed stoneware) makes a KILLER deep-dish cherry pie.
Dinner really was awesome. It was later than usual, but it worked out fine. We hung out at Mom & Dad's house after breakfast, and walked over to Mary & Jeff's house for dinner at 6. As I mentioned, my cherry pie was absolutely tremendous. The new cranberry/pecan cornbread stuffing was allright - could've skipped the cranberries. But, all in all, it was a successful dinner.

Today was a bit more low-key. After lunch, we played games, napped, or crocheted. I'm working on an afghan for my niece (shhhhh!). Very cool colors. Lots of fun to work on it - I just need to go back to the store because I'm running out of yarn. We all refused to shop on Black Friday. We tried that once - when we got our TV for $169. Fool me once. . .

Tomorrow we're celebrating Christmas with the Aubrey side of the family. I've already wrapped (bagged) the presents, so my work is done. Should be lots of fun, and lots of photo-taking opportunities. Sadly, I don't have any pictures to enhance this entry. I'll try to do better. Really, I will.
Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Holy smokes - Thanksgiving and Christmas in the same weekend - do you do another turkey or just use the leftovers!?

Sounds like a great celebration you had. Wish I were there to help you kick but playing Taboo!

Melly :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home