This is My "Real" Blog: Well, it seemed important to me.......


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, it seemed important to me.......

So many times, I finish composing a blog entry, and I realize that it was either self-serving, or boring. I'm sorry. This will, hopefully rise above that status, and will make your lives better. If not, I have failed as a blog writer. I can live with the disappointment, really, I can. Anyway.....here's an update:

I last wrote on Sunday afternoon about the sad state of affairs on the stage of our church Family Life Center, where the play "Four Tickets to Christmas" is scheduled to take place on December 10 and 12. The set construction should have taken about an hour to complete. Mind you, I don't know a wrench from a ratchet. But, it had the potential of being easily constructed. I was wrong.

After nearly 3 hours, it was complete. The ladders that lead to the loft need to be secured more securely (hee) to the frame. And, there needs to be a railing added so that the heavenly host don't fall on their angelic faces after an 8-foot fall. Other than that . . . .

Our first "block the choir" rehearsal last night went extremely well. I was very relieved when I came home that we didn't have any yelling, crying, or vomiting. (Don't laugh, all three have happened before!)

In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to tonight's rehearsal(s). The first one will be with the orchestra. They still have a ways to go, but after that first rehearsal, we're going to combine the choir and orchestra and work on the four big numbers. I am anticipating good things. We'll see what really happens.

This next section may not thrill your socks off - but bear with me, it gets good at the end.

After returning home last night, I told my sister-in-law and mother-in-law that I would demonstrate how I put digital scrapbook layouts together. Mind you, since I still use power point exclusively, it's a relatively easy process. But, it was a little daunting to create on the spot with people watching. I'm not happy with the picture I chose, but all in all, it worked out allright. Here it is:






As I finished, I showed them some of the sites where I publish my layouts. It's true, I publish them mainly for the praise. I take it wherever I can get it. What can I say?

Upon arriving at one of my new sites (and now my favorite site), I was stunned. The site is www.digiscrapdivas.com. When I scrolled down the page, I realized that my recent layout of Melany's little boy, Cooper, was the layout of the day.

Okay, this is the part where it paid off to read to the end. I'm sure you're all needing a moment to catch your breath because of the magnitude of that moment. So here's a pause for you to regain your strength.


[scroll down]





Ready? Okay, I'll finish. (Wow, that sounded like a cheerleader)

I recall saying something to the effect of:

"This is digiscrapdivas. It's a new site that I post my layouts at. They always post a layout of the day. Oh my gosh, I am the layout of the day! I'm the layout of the day. Can you believe it, I'm the layout of the day?" or something like that.

I then opened an IM window, to tell Melany that I was the Layout of the Day at digiscrapdivas.com. She was duly impressed. Mark was so impressed that he called Melany on the phone (She's in Canada, folks) and talked about how proud he was of me.

So there you have it, I was the layout of the day for November 27 at Digiscrapdivas.com.

No, I didn't split the atom.
No, I haven't solved our country's dependence on foreign oil.
No, I haven't figured out the answer to global warming.

But, I am , or was the layout of the day at digiscrapdivas.com

I told you it would be worth it!

Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just ttttooooo funny girlfriend. I am laughing so hard here....can you hear!! Silence? Oh well! I would read your blog any day...in fact I do! Thanks Angie! Love Helen p.s. your Halloween LO is sensational - love the pp WTG

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I'm still reeling from it. You rock. I do recall telling you it would happen. What fabulous timing with your relatives there to see it firsthand! And I'm glad I was "there" with you too. And Mark kills me. I laughed my ass off. I'm not sure if Chris understood what exactly happened there. I still giggle at the thought of it. How fun. Your awesome scrapping talent and my gorgeous little boy! heehee

Congratulations!

Love Melly :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Congrats hon on your amazing scrapbook diva thing. I'm a novice scrapbooker and would never bust mine out in case you would "laugh your socks off" and I would die of utter humiliation. This my friend is reason enough for you to keep bloggin. It's supposed to be self serving; that's why I read it! If you give up self and start blogging completely about organisms that infest peanut butter, I'm done reading. lol.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock, Angie! Isn't that a great feeling?? Dig it!

Keep fighting the good fight (we are studying 1 timothy in our small group...fight the good fight is now my latest catch phrase) with the muscial - it will be beautiful, wonderful, and thrilling in process and in the end.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...It's time for a new blog post...

Seems I'm not the ONLY one who hasn't blogged since Tuesday. But I blogged again!

So, ...........

Melly :)

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home