This is My "Real" Blog: B/W


Angie's Blog!

Friday, September 12, 2008

B/W

For years, the letter/symbol/letter combination"B/W" has meant "black & white" whether referring to television, pictures, or any other definition you might imagine.

But, around here. . . when I see "BW" it means Buddy Walk.

I know, you're having to pick yourself up from the floor in absolute shock and awe. Otherwise known as S/A. No, not really.

But, since getting involved with the Down syndrome group, otherwise referred to as DSAG, seeing the letters "BW" in any sort of combination means Buddy Walk to me. No ifs, ands or buts.

This week, we're going to show a brief video in our services to encourage people to get involved in the Buddy Walk this year. We're calling it the BW Video. . . as you might imagine. It has been quite the adventure putting the video together. . . and by my words, "putting it together" I really mean that it's been an adventure for our children's minister, Adam. He's been doing all the work. I just helped provide the pictures and some of the text.

My sister provided the video footage -- thankfully, she got some while she was here this summer. Some of the other pictures were provided by my friend, Marsha. And the music? Well, that's courtesy of some Hawaiian guy with a name I cannot pronounce and itunes.

Adam warned me today that if I have ANY intentions of talking after the video is shown (and I do) . . .I won't make it. I told him, if I have to watch it 85 times between now and Sunday -- so be it.

Anyway -- the funny B/W angle to this story is that in the narrative I gave Adam for the video, I referred to 2006 BW picture and 2007 BW picture. He was getting totally confused because he kept looking for black & white pictures, and there weren't any to be found. I was talking about Buddy Walk 2006 and Buddy Walk 2007. I guess I have some more educating to do, eh?

And yes, if he gets it to me soon, I'll be uploading it here. With Mark's help, of course.

He just called. It's in my mailbox. Outside my house. NOW. Way cool.

But today, as I pondered a blog entry, I thought about how much I love black & white pictures. And especially how I love the ability to transform color digital pictures into black & white pictures with a click of a button. Amazing.

I pushed a couple of buttons, and came up with these beauties. Enjoy!





Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Way cool. Looking forward to the video.

And is the Hawaiian guy's first name Israel? I have one of his CDs. Good stuff.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Okay...so should I be prepared to cry after the video. That's why Adam saw me at the church and called. He had been by your house to drop it off. Can't wait to see it, and you know we'll be at the Buddy Walk with Caroline's buddy "Baby" James.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok....yes....upload before sunday!!! LOL!!! If it's a tear jerker, and you need me in shape to sing...yes, let's watch it before Sunday!!! :)

11:38 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

she is gorgeous and this was a blog post well worth waiting for, i miss you soooo much, how can that be? Her joy filled face is something special to wake up to.

8:38 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole? is that name of the hawaiian guy?

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

some pics were just MEANT to be transformed into black and white...thank God for "the click of a button"!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the "Somewhere over the rainbow" cover? That makes me bawl without the aid of pictures...or video...oh, post it today!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

At NDISB there is a new kit called ''Sweet Caroline''...is it a coincidence that you just posted these pictures at the same time? I think not.

So of course I stole these pictures. You can see the results at my blog or at any scrapbooking gallery! :)

Love M :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

BW will never be the same again! You are one rocking Mum. Saw what Melly did with those Princess shots....just gorgeous. Have a good week my friend.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home