This is My "Real" Blog: Oooh, I Hear Laughter in the Rain. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Oooh, I Hear Laughter in the Rain. . .

. . .it rained last night. Not just rained. It rained. We have needed rain for a long, long time -- but not as much as we needed it last year.

When I first started hearing the rumbles of thunder, I stopped in my tracks to see if I was dreaming or not. I wasn't. There was big, big rain coming our way. By the time the drops started to fall -- or should I say pelt our window -- it was evident that we were going to get a good, soaking rain. And I have to admit, I smiled. . .I may have even giggled with a little glee.

As I drove to work this morning -- gazing at the fog wrapped around the Smoky Mountains. It was totally amazing to behold. Totally reminded me of a favorite Psalm . . specifically 121. It's one of the psalms of ascent. (Beth Moore reference)

Psalm 121
A Pilgrim Song


I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
He won't let you stumble, your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel's Guardian will never doze or sleep.

God's your Guardian, right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke, sheltering you from moonstroke.
God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
He guards you now, he guards you always.

I am reminded that God is constantly guarding me...guarding my life. And right now, when my life feels like its spinning out of control?

Well, that just makes me feel safe. . .and allows me to smile. . .or even laugh during a thunderstorm.


Title reference: Yeah, that's one of my absolute favorites! Love that Neil Sedaka!
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

oohhh ... laugh during a thunderstorm! Katie needs to hang out with you! LOL! I love your reminders my friend. Thank you

10:13 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Looks like you're using The Message for your scripture. I really like it sometimes - he clarifies that no, my strength does NOT come from the mountains.

Other times he totally blows it. Prov 18:24 has "There is a friend who is closer than a brother", which is a reference to Jesus. In The Message, it comes out "A true friend sticks by you like family". That's true, but doesn't capture the Jesus reference.

But hallelujah for rain!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

man, i missed the awesome sunday of building AND a great rainstorm?! blah!

11:27 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

someone quoting neil sedaka makes me smile, angie, i am praying that Godd reveas His strength to you in these days... i loved this post , what i needed this AM...

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just picture those mountains too :)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be so loved?
Hugs, hon!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Also one of my favorite Psalms...it has gotten me through many days over the past several months. Great post!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I looooooove me some laughter in the rain!

Summer's pretty much done around here; I'm not counting on any hot summer night thunder storms anymore. ::sigh::

Love your messages; they make me think good stuff and want to be gooder. Oh man I'm tired. Good thing you 'get' me.

Huges,

Melly :)

11:29 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you commented and so i hopefully thought that you had posted... but no, i am disappointed ... please angie there must be some clever witty happening in your life

6:52 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i feel semi-guilty... you never elave my prayers angie... and You never leave His sight or care ..Even if my friend leaves snippy comments, the Lord will hold me close. (Ps 27:10 BV)

7:36 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Angie! *Beth pulls hair* I was referring to myself as being snippy, and to comment that God is with YOU! I was actually trying to be both encouraging AND apologetic for nagging. :) I was planning an update sort of post and a more personal email later today.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home