This is My "Real" Blog: Pressure to Perform -- with a twist!


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Pressure to Perform -- with a twist!

So. . . .Caroline was hesitant to "perform" for the doctor today. We literally sat in the office -- danced around, tickled, laughed, jumped, tickled some more, all the while drinking apple juice and PowerAde.

She refused to go to the potty for a UTI test.

Yep -- baby girl has got her bladder control issues figured out. We are so much closer to completing potty training. But still. . . .

today was NOT the day to show such restraint.

I cried. I cajoled. I bargained. Finally, I asked for a catheter. For her.

When it was all said and done? No bladder infection. No UTI.

Nothing.
Zip.
Zilch.
Nada.

Yeah. . . precious. But I'm grateful that she's allright. Edison's going to live, too. Just a sinus infection with drainage & coughing. He has medicine. He'll be fine.

My inlaws are arriving tomorrow afternoon. They, along with my parents, and Mark's brother and sister-in-law are going to be with us through the mayhem of the weekend.

We had a meeting tonight -- our last planning meeting for 2008. This is gonna be a great walk. I'm very, very excited. And, very very anxious to be done.

So. . . the blog "fast" starts back up tomorrow. But, I didn't feel good about leaving you all hanging about the kids' health. . and my mental well-being. Talk about hanging. . . .

Love to you all -- be back real soon!
A

Oh....the twist? Well, this is my 500th blog entry. Pretty cool.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

500 blog entries? Wow! You could be a published author!!

Glad the kids are OK.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything major with the kiddos.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 500th post. I'm glad to hear the kids are all right.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 500!

Glad to hear the kiddlies are doing okay...Can't wait to hear how it all goes after it is all said and done and you are thoroughly rested.

I have to admit, yesterday I debated on whether to drive to K-ville for the walk...

I need to take care of some pre-wedding stuff here. Got that coming up.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

500! Wow you are a dedicated blogger! I hope to one day live up to your greatness...maybe I should add that to my after-graduation goals ;-)

9:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey 500! sorry my delay in commenting.... as i wrote yesterday hannah showed me you had posted again, and then stuff started happening before i could comment here.... first I am proud of Caroline... as I wrote in my email... i love it that she once again confounded expectations... and I am proud of her mama for getting a REAL BLOG and using it for good!

6:50 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

your last comment is like a blog entry, it might just be tomorrow... so packed with so much i want to comment on

7:12 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I'm so glad that Caroline was healthy and Edison is on the mend. Less to have on your mind right now. I wish you 'the best' on your Buddy Walk. May it exceed your highest expectations!! And have a fun weekend with all involved!
Love, Joni
PS Grab a few pumpkins and through them on your porch (send the guys) and you'll feel "decorated".

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home