This is My "Real" Blog: That would be some hurricane. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

That would be some hurricane. . . .

Edison helped me run some Buddy Walk errands today.

This year, instead of hiring out a Coca-Cola trailer and having a "tap" with coke, diet coke, and sprite, we're buying cans (cheaper) and icing them down the night before/day of. Right now, Walgreens has Coke products on sale 4/$12. That's a great price ($ .25 per can).

So, I packed Edison up in the car with me. . .and we headed out for some soliciting and purchasing. We bought 12 cases of grape soda, orange soda, and root beer (4 each) at the grocery store. We also hit up a "dollar" store for masking tape, packing tape, sharpie markers, scissors, toilet paper, diaper wipes, etc.

We had to make the obligatory stop at Starbucks for his favorite drink. Then, we went next door to Sonic for Happy Hour for me!

Then it was off to Walgreen's for the nectar of the gods (Diet Coke) which is one sale. Once we got home, and stacked it in the kitchen, Edison declared, "Wow Mom, it looks like we're stocking up for a hurricane or something."

Granted we *did* also buy two big jars of peanut butter -- crunchy & creamy -- because we were out. But still, that would be some mixed up hurricane if we had nearly 200 cans of carbonated soda, and no bread in the house!

What can I say? This is going to be my life for the next two weeks.

. . . but I'm grateful to have had an opportunity to get the stuff NOW rather than running around like a maniac 24 hours before the walk.

I'm going to go sit down and watch a UT football game. And yes, I *am* going to crochet an afghan for part of a BW gift -- but other than that, I'm going to enjoy my Saturday. Tomorrow, we're headed to the Knoxville Museum of Art to see the Gees Bend quilts that are on exhibition until Monday. We're going to our favorite restaurant for lunch. . . Aubrey's . . .and then we'll pay a visit, hopefully, to the family I wrote about a few months back. Link here. Mark and I want to encourage you to pray for this sweet baby girl -- she will undergo open heart surgery on Wednesday, October 1. If we get a chance to see her tomorrow, I'll be sure and take pictures to give you a face to put with your prayers.

Happy Saturday everyone!! Go Vols!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennilu said...

While you are at the KMA, make sure you go downstairs and check out Ms. Jackie's Creative Kids Art Class Exhibit. It was suppose to be there for the month of August and was extended through the month of September. Kaylea has a few pieces in the exhibit, along with several other local children.

Enjoy your day!

5:09 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i remember her and the Lord puts her my heart often to pray for her, love you Angie

5:51 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

I can't believe I was off when y'all went by Starbucks!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool- 200 cans of soda & 2 industrial strength jars of peanut butter. Sounds like a party.

BTW - I've given you a little blog award over on mine!
http://www.motherhood-unscripted.com/

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a day...

I will sure keep that sweet baby in my thoughts and prayers...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i just recently found out about free admission to the KMA. i think we might be paying a visit soon too, just for something to do! gotta love freebie fun :-) plus there's fort kid right across the street!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"running around like a maniac 24 hours before the walk."

That sounds like fun, from this perspective.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see those Quilts. I don't think I've ever had that many diet coke cans in my house (lol).
I will say a prayer that all goes well with the surgery.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

All sounds good my friend. Have a great week.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home