This is My "Real" Blog: You. . .Asked for it. . . you got it. . . on youTube!


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 15, 2008

You. . .Asked for it. . . you got it. . . on youTube!

Okay, if you're as old as me, you're humming a jingle from back in the 80s by Toyota. (Maybe it was the 70s?)

Anyway, being the obliging friend that I am, I am pleased to give you a link to the youTube video where Caroline is singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with the Hawaiian guy. And yes, Steve, it is the one you talked about.

We are very proud of our little girl, as you can imagine. I don't think anyone who regularly reads this blog would think otherwise. But, in this particular case, I am REEEEEEEEEALLLLLLY proud!

We showed the video in church yesterday, in an effort to encourage participation in the Buddy Walk (BW). From what I heard, at the conclusion of yesterday's services, we had fifty (50) people signed up to walk (not including the 4 of us) and there were people willing to volunteer. (That 2nd part made me even happier than the first part!)

So, it worked. As per my experience, pulling. . .nay. . .tugging at the heartstrings usually works.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxUKeriRAQ

And, for those of you that missed when Caroline was on TV 2 years ago, here's that link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1me4gJnZI

It's "all youTube all the time" around here. Caroline knows that she's on the computer, and whenever she hears ukelele music, I fear she's going to assume that she'll be prominently featured.

And really. . . what's so wrong about that?


Weather update: I had my windows open today, and it was GLORIOUS!!! It actually got too cool to leave them open when the sun went down. Could this mean that fall is on the way???

Nah, it can't be.

Oh. . .and just because I'm going to seize every opportunity possible:

If you are interested in supporting Caroline in the Buddy Walk, you can go to *her* personal website and make a donation. You don't have to, but I thought you might at least like seeing the site:

http://buddywalk.kintera.org/dsag/caroline

Love to all. . . be praying for Mark. He's flying out to NY tomorrow morning and will fly back Thursday morning. Thanks!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Between my ankle issues, the video and "The Song", I was a mess yesterday! In a good way mind you... (I found out tonight there was a larger source behind my mess) I gotta hook up a diff. computer with speakers and let Abbie see the video. She and Caleb are all ready for the Buddy Walk again!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I loved the video and Caroline is precious while singing that song....I want to hear it in person. I cried from the start of the video until service was over. It was a very moving worship service yesterday. Adam did an awesome job. WE are ready for Buddy Walk 08...I've only missed the very first one in 04.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Absolutely adorable video. What a great ministry.

Several years ago I worked Buddy Walk with Angie Morin. I just realized yesterday that it was 2004. I didn't know you then or even go to SHCC, but I was there counting money or something ;-)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a cute video of her singing! Adorable! I'm so impressed with the huge group you have walking too!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In good tears... the news story is just precious! That is so cool she'll be in Times Square!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome video. Of course I got teary eyed. I am going to post the video and website if you don't mind.

9:43 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well i left my comment on you tube and after my son in law promo today it will be caroline feature on my blog... love you all and i am praying for mark... shoot different family members in our house were watching the caroline video at different times here and when i heard ukelele music i knew my girl was some where close by

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home