This is My "Real" Blog: Steve said it best. . . .I'll say it simply


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Steve said it best. . . .I'll say it simply

Mark's mom called this morning to say that his Aunt Shirley had passed away. Colon cancer won a battle -- but Jesus won the war with death long ago.

Mark will go to the funeral on Tuesday. He'll come home on Thursday morning.

Sometimes simplicity is best. . . .

Mark will represent the four of us. He will celebrate a full life that was lived well.

There are other things to say. Scrapbook pages to brag about (even if they're not done by me!)

But now. . . in this moment. . .I'm remembering someone who loved me. Someone who prayed for both my kids (especially the little one). Someone who showed me that it's never too late.

Someone I truly loved.

I will miss you, Aunt Shirley.
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and love during this difficult time.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad Mark is making the trip to be with his family. If there is anything we can do for you guys just let us know.

9:10 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey friend i am praying for all of you in your loss, Aunt Shirley needs no prayers ... she is home.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. Lots of ((((((HUGS)))))) go to all of you.

9:00 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well i was so moved by your post and Steve's that i had to write about it

9:41 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

sorry for your family's loss!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry for the loss of Aunt Shirley - prayers to your family, and safe travels for your hubby.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home