This is My "Real" Blog: Wrong Side of the Mason-Dixon Line


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wrong Side of the Mason-Dixon Line

Do you hear banjo music?
Are you sure?
Listen again.
Mark's in NY at the funeral.
He's staying at a Microtel in Ithaca, NY.
His cousin, Karen, is there.
She's staying with him at the Microtel.
They're first-cousins.
She's married.
It was my idea.
Seriously.

She could have gone back to the house with the rest of the family and slept on a couch, or the floor. So, unless you're hearing some strange echoes of banjo music wafting through the leaves on the trees. . .I'm think we'll get through this just fine. It just made sense.

But, guess the guy at the check-in desk looked at them funny. I'm sorry I missed that.

Back on *this* side of the M/D line. . . .this single-parent thing is taking its toll on me. I am amazed, humbled, and blown away at what other women do ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I just have 36 more hours until he gets home.

To protect my sanity, I bought "Dad's Away Survival Food" (which translated, means "Pop Tarts" or "Krispy Kremes" for breakfast!) Shhhh. I also had Domino's deliver pizza tonight. And tomorrow night, I have a meeting, and will stop at Burger King on the way to, or from my meeting. Yum.

So yes, I'm in survival mode. Step off.
I have pop tarts. . . .and I'm not afraid to use 'em.

Toodles.....

And yes, I am fully aware that Mark reads my blog and will know about the Pop Tarts and Krispy Kreme donuts. He made his cousin tell me on the phone tonight that they were going to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast tomorrow. Ptooey on both of them!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

hey girl don't go knockin banjo music ;-)

7:59 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am cracking up, seriously cracking up... we have this joke Katherine and I about every Baptist in Canada being related to each toher, but we are sure they alla re... somehow someway, except for us of course....we keep figuring eventually she will have to maryr one of them or we have to leave the church... and i got a bit lonesome thinking of you having krispy Kreme, yes, lonesome... b/c we have no Krispy Kreme here and when you ahve a krispy kreme it is like having a friend with you... *sighs* this is why i need to lose weight... i love you all, praying for Mark , praising God that Aunt Shirley is cavorting with Jesus (you need little prayer, you have krispy kreme)

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't phase me at all, but then my family's roots are from west TN. LOL!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you just reminded me of a funny memory I gotta share...

I used to volunteer with an organization that worked with college kids. There was an out of town function I had to attend. To save $$ I shared a hotel room with another org member (a married man and good friend). His wife was also a friend and fellow org member (she had a newborn).

We got to the hotel to check in and I looked at him and said with a deadpan face in front of the clerk, "we're goign to call your wife to let her know we got there okay...right?"

We laughed about this for months...The look on the clerk's face was priceless!

btw, I'll take a Krispy Kreme...
:-D)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny and Krispy Kremes for breakfast...YUM!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home