This is My "Real" Blog: Just Long Enough. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Just Long Enough. . . .

. . . to say "hello, and thank you!"

There are many people praying for me, and for the success of the Buddy Walk in Knoxville tomorrow. How do I know? (cue Whitney Houston music)

Well. . . this morning, I had to TURN AWAY volunteers to load the truck at the storage unit. We were done even before the time originally scheduled.

I had to call the volunteers at Seymour Heights and tell them that if they were going to help load tables and chairs, we were an hour ahead of schedule. (And some of them nearly missed out, because it all went so smoothly.)

This is unheard of. . . except for the power of prayer. And a little thing called grace.

"God is able to make ALL GRACE abound toward you; that you. . . may abound to every good work." 2 Corinthains 9:8.

I have been living by this scripture for the past couple of weeks. It's not going away, by any stretch, and neither am I. But, it's been a good reminder of God's provision.

And now, I'm sitting in my office, typing a short blog entry. I have a few copies to run, but everything else is DONE.

Signs are made.
Nametags are on lanyards.
Popcorn is in the hopper (so to speak).

And yes, last I checked, God *is* in his heaven, and all is right with the world.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

Yeah! So glad to hear that. God is so good! Now you can chill a bit right?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

God is greater than we can imagine! I'm glad things are going so well today! I hope this has you on track for an evening of propping up your feet or some such madness tonight...wouldn't that be cool!?!?!??

See ya tomorrow!!!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Now have a wonderful event tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a resounding success...

HUGS!

5:54 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

been rpaying all weekend aqnd will continue, came home and your last comment brightly cheered Tony and me... love you

10:05 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

are you still alive, send up a sooke signal to let me know?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great news my friend...I wish you well.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Monday and I'm hoping things went well yesterday.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Just looked at that verse again. Gonna have to preach that one and a few others to myself this week ;-)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home