This is My "Real" Blog: Ah, the memories. . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ah, the memories. . .

Last year, I wrote a blog post about our trip to Bristol for the NASCAR Race. And yes, in spite of the fact that 90% of the sports-loving world is glued to the TV to watch College Basketball, this is Bristol's Spring Race Weekend.

I soooooooo wish I was going again this year. But not to work -- to watch. Oh well, maybe next year.

Right now, we're taking special care of a young lady who has come down with croup (again). It's not bad this time. . . or so it seems. We took her to the doctor today, and after two doses of her prescribed steroid, she hasn't coughed at all. . . and she seems fine. So, we'll see.

We're also dealing with 15-year-old syndrome. I know we'll get through this, but there are days when I wonder.

So, in between a couple of engagements that we must attend to this weekend - including me getting some new walking shoes, a DSAG family get-together, and the family trying Red Robin Restaurant for the first time. . .

"Red Robin. . . YUM!"

Sorry, slight diversion there.

In between all of that, we'll be watching Speed TV, CBS (for basketball), and Fox (Races, baby) in an effort to keep our "sports nerd" fix going strong.

And, if for some reason, you doubt my true devotion to NASCAR, specifically Bristol Motor Speedway, here's a blog entry from last year. (Thanks for the reminder and link, Steve!) It will not only show my love for the world's fastest half-mile. . .it will remind some of you of some seriously funny stories!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm...red robin. I love the bleu ribbon burger and the whisky river burger.....

Love the word verification word -- whishest

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

We love Red Robin...You have to try the chili chili nachos they are wonderful! I hope Caroline gets better...and the 15 year old syndrome...Well, that will get better too :)

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are these people, and don't they realize that this post is about NASCAR????

Oh, I guess there's room in the world for a little bit of non-NASCAR stuff. Probably. But Lois and Judy, keep it down, please. Angie and I are trying to have a serious Tony Stewart vs. Jeff Burton argument.

PS: Tony came in second today. Nyah, nyah.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home